The players called up were not named, but Cricket Sri Lanka stated they were primarily bowlers and the squad covers all formats.
The coronavirus flare-up had constrained the suspension of expert cricket in the nation in March. Sri Lanka were booked to have England and South Africa in March and June yet both the arrangement were deferred because of the worldwide wellbeing emergency.
Sri Lanka is attempting to persuade India to visit the nation for a shut entryway constrained over arrangement containing three ODIs and the same number of T20Is in July end.
A 13-man Sri Lanka squad will start a 12-day residential training camp in Colombo on Monday.
The players and four members of the coaching team and support staff will be based at the Colombo Cricket Club for just under a fortnight.
They will stay in a hotel throughout the camp and have strict health regulations to adhere on their return after a lockdown was imposed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
They will undergo conditioning work after a lengthy spell without playing early in the Mickey Arthur era.
Sri Lanka are awaiting confirmation over whether they will host India and Bangladesh in June or July when they get the green light to play again.
A gathering of 13 Sri Lankan cricketers, including for the most part bowlers, will continue preparing on Monday following the coronavirus rest, the nation’s cricket board said on Sunday. Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) said in an explanation that a “chose crew of 13 individuals will experience a 12-day ‘Private Training Camp’ at the Colombo Cricket Club”.
“The players participating in the camp speaks to a general crew browsed over all arrangements, and principally comprise of bowlers, as they need more opportunity for ‘molding’ before going into dynamic rivalry,” the announcement said.
The instructing and care staff managing the preparation of the players will comprise of a four-part unit. All players will carefully stick to the wellbeing guidelines forced by the legislature taking into account the COVID–19 pandemic.
The SLC said it has “taken every necessary measure in counsel with the Ministry of Sports and the Ministry of Health to guarantee the wellbeing of each individual associated with this activity, and has figured a lot of methods to follow, during the camp time frame and previously”.
The administering body said “individuals participating in the camp, won’t be permitted to leave the lodging premises or the training scene to go to individual issues during the preparation time frame”.
The South African government has additionally permitted non-physical games, including cricket, to come back to play, a choice hailed by Cricket South Africa (CSA) acting CEO Jacques Faul as a “major lift”.
“This is a major lift for the operational side of our cricket,” said Faul in an announcement gave on Saturday. “We have been in ordinary contact with SRSA and the priest and they have been exceptionally steady of the game in these troublesome occasions.
Faul said the Covid-19 Steering Committee will meet on Monday to draw up a convention covering the arrival to preparing and playing.
“At this stage these guidelines apply just to proficient cricket and our subsequent stage will be to draw up a convention covering the arrival to preparing and playing and submit it to SRSA for endorsement,” he said.
“I will quickly be assembling a conference of our Covid-19 Steering Committee on Monday to get this procedure going. Both our national groups and our establishments will in due time be given the green light to come back to preparing.”
Faul, in any case, said nobody will be compelled to continue preparing. “I have just had conversations with the South African Cricketers’ Association (SACA) and I might want to pressure that no player, mentor, bolster staff or executive will be compelled to come back to preparing on the off chance that they are awkward with it at this stage,” he said.